YOGA Teacher Training
500 hour Yoga Teacher Training
in the tradition of T Krishnamacharya and TKV Desikachar
Students will also be fully supported in the process over the 2 years through a student-mentor relationship.
This Yoga Teacher Training course will include:
- History and evolution of Yoga.
- Theoretical Foundations of Āsana, Prāṇāyāma and meditation.
- Course planning and design for Āsana, Prāṇāyāma and meditation (group classes and personal practices).
- A detailed study of the Yogasūtra-s and an introduction to other classical Yoga texts.
- Fundamentals of Yoga anatomy, physiology and subtle energy systems.
- Vedic chanting and the use of mantra and sound in Āsana, Prāṇāyāma and meditation.
- Building Yoga teacher competencies and teaching methodology.
In addition, participants will be required to undertake an independent Anatomy and Physiology Course.
Yoga is experiential and a journey of personal development. Acceptance onto this yoga teacher training program will also require a commitment to regular home practice and weekly attendance of group Yoga classes.
This teacher training program is registered with the peak body Yoga Australia. Graduate teachers will be eligible to register as a Level 2 Teacher once appropriate teaching experience has been accrued.
For more information, or to request a prospectus, please contact Polly.
Why choose us?
Yoga is a simple word with vast meaning. It has something to offer everyone and it’s application is far reaching.
Our yoga teacher training course offers participants an opportunity to build a deep foundation in the classical teachings of Yoga which, when applied appropriately and with clarity and depth of understanding, can enhance the wellbeing of many different populations.